Zebra Cake Recipe
Everyone is familiar with chocolate and butter cake. How about combining these two cakes to make a great looking zebra stripes cake? At a glance patterns may look complicated. But when you get to know the process it is super simple.
- All-purpose flour – 250g
- Baking powder – 02 tsps
- Butter / Margarine – 250g
- Sugar – 250g
- Eggs – 04
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 25g
- Combine flour and baking powder together.
- Beat margarine and sugar until batter becomes super soft and creamy.
- Once margarine and sugar are well mixed add eggs one by one and beat.
- Add vanilla to the batter.
- Gradually add flour and beat the batter. Don’t add all flour at once. If you do so, it may be bit difficult to mix it well.
- While beating add ¼ cup of milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder and 01 tbsp of sugar with ¼ cup of milk.
- Get half of the white batter and mix it with cocoa mixture.
- Use a table spoon to create zebra layers. Begin from the middle of your baking pan. First take one spoon of white batter and then add chocolate batter over it. Repeat this until all your batter is finished.
- Bake the cake around 40 – 45mins under 180 ° C in a pre-heated oven.
- Once the baking time is finished, insert a toothpick to the middle of the cake and see whether it comes out clean. If not, bake the cake more until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down around 15 mins.
- Then you can remove it from the baking pan and decorate it with some icing sugar or some chocolate topping.