Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe
This super soft vanilla sponge cake is so easy to make and so delicious to eat.
- Egg Yolks – 05
- Egg Whites – 05
- Fresh Milk – 50ml
- Oil – 50ml
- Sugar – 160g
- All-purpose Flour – 160g
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Lime Juice – ½ tsp
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites at high speed.
- After beating for a while add lime juice.
- Gradually add sugar and beat more at high speed until the volume increases.
- When the bowl turns upside down the mixture should not fall down. Or when you lift up the beaters, the peaks should stand straight up.
- Add yolks into the mixture and fold gently.
- Add salt to flour and mix well to combine.
- Gradually add flour to the mixture (after sieving) and fold.
- When flour is mixed well add oil, vanilla and milk.
- Before pouring the batter into the baking tray put a parchment paper little bit higher than your baking tray.
- After pouring the batter into the baking tray run a knife to release large bubbles. Tap few more times to release more bubbles.
- Bake the cake around 30-40 mins under 150° C in a pre-heated oven.
- Let the cake cool down and enjoy.