Sri Lankan Tempered Dried Shrimps Recipe
Dried Shrimps are a very tasty thing that is used to enhance the taste of many dishes. Dried shrimps itself is very appetizing and can be cooked in various ways. Tempered Dried Shrimp is one way of making dried shrimps.
- Dried Shrimps – 100g
- Big Onion – 02
- Kochchi (Chilies) – 04-05
- Tomatoes – 02
- Garlic Cloves – 05-06
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Chili Pieces – 02 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Pandan Leaves
- Coconut Oil – 02 tbsp
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Combine onion, salt, turmeric powder, chili pieces and kochchi together and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add pandan leaves, curry leaves, garlic, and cinnamon into this.
- Add dried shrimps into this oil and fry for few minutes under low heat.
- When dried shrimps are well cooked add prepared onion mixture and cook 02-03 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes after checking whether salt and chilies are enough for your taste.
- After adding tomatoes cook 02-03 mins more and then get this out of the stove.
- This recipe goes with anything like rice, milk rice, string hoppers, hoppers, bread and pittu.