Sri Lankan Soya Meat Curry
With our busy lifestyle we always tend to use instant and artificial flavors to make our curries delicious. But, those instant flavors will give bad health effects in long term. Take your time, use homemade ingredients and try this tasty soya meat curry next time.
- Soya Meat – 01 packet
- Thick coconut milk – 1 ½ cups
- Cloves – 03
- Cardamom – 03
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Goraka (Garcinia Cambogia) – 03
- Chili powder – 02 tsps
- Curry powder – 02 tsps
- Red onions – 10
- Garlic cloves – 05
- Curry leaves
- Lemon grass
- Green chilis – 02
- Tomatoes – 01
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 02 tsps
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Put soya meat into a pan and pour hot water to the level all soya meats are covered.
- Close the pan and let them soak around 08-10mins.
- Filter water and let it cool down.
- Sqeeze all soya meat to remove water.
- Put soya meat into your cooking pot.
- Add chopped red onions, tomatoes, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Grind cardamom and cloves and add.
- Chop garlic and lemon grass and add.
- Add all the other ingredients except chili powder and coconut milk.
- Roast chili powder a bit and add.
- Then, mix by hand to combine all ingredients.
- Finally, add coconut milk and mix lightly.
- Cook this curry around 15mins by stirring constantly.