Shakshuka / Eggs in Tomato Sauce Recipe
Now here’s something marvelous to cook. If you haven’t heard of Shakshuka before Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions. Although Shakshuka is a Tunisian originated recipe it is very popular in Middle East countries. This dish is best served with Fried Rice, Noodles, Pasta and Bread.
This very easy to prepare and healthy recipe is surely a must try recipe for you.
- Eggs – 03
- Tomato – 200g
- Tomato sauce – 02 tbsp
- Olive oil / Coconut oil – 01 tbsp
- Big onion – 01
- Garlic cloves – 02
- Red bell pepper – 01
- Chili powder – 01 tsp
- Sugar – 01 tsp
- Chili pieces – 01 tsp
- Pepper powder
How to make:
- Slice tomato, bell pepper, big onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put onions in to that. Cook under medium heat until onions become soft.
- Add garlic to the pan and mix.
- Add sliced bell pepper.
- Then add tomato sauce and mix well to combine.
- After that add diced tomato.
- Add chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper and chili pieces and mix together. You can adjust the seasonings as per your taste.
- Close this and keep on medium heat around 10-15 mins until all ingredients are cooked well.
- Then make holes and place eggs.
- Cover and cook again around 10-15 mins or until eggs are cooked.
- Try this out and enjoy with your family. They will be delighted for sure.