Semolina/Rulang Toffee Recipe
Rulang or Semolina Toffee is a very yummy sweet that can be used for any occasion. Follow these simple steps to make a perfect Rulang Toffee.
- Semolina / Rulang – 180g
- Sugar – 220g
- Scraped Coconut – 70g
- Cardamom – 03-04
- Hot water – ¼ cups
- Grind cardamom and keep it aside.
- Fry coconut in a pan around 02-03 mins. When we do so, it evaporates the water in coconut and it will be able to keep these toffee few days more.
- Then, fry cashew also.
- After that it needs to fry rulang around 10mins in medium heat. After 10 mins when you take rulang out of fire stir it well until it cools down.
- Then put some sugar into a pan and heat it.
- When sugar is bubbling add hot water and mix.
- After that, add remaining sugar and mix well until sugar dissolves.
- To check whether the sugar has come to the right level, get a small amount of sugar into a spoon and pour it down. If it pours down like a thick line the sugar has come to the perfect level.
- Now add cardamom and cashew.
- Add coconut and mix.
- Thereafter, add rulang into this.
- When all the ingredients are mixed well put this mixture into a pan.
- Keep this few mins until the mixture cools down and then you can cut this into desired shapes.