Semolina Rice / Upma Recipe
Semolina Rice or Upma is a very healthy Indian Recipe. Specially if you are a vegetarian this will be the perfect balanced diet for you. This recipe can be done very quickly and easily at any time. Semolina (Rava) Rice is so delicious, so your kids will love it too. Another plus point. We can eat this rice without any curries. So, you can just cook and serve this without anything.
- Semolina – 250g
- Cabbage Leaves – 02
- Small Carrot – 01
- Curry Leaves
- Dried Chilies – 02
- Green Chilies – 01
- Dhal – 01 tbsp
- Big Onion – ½
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Water – 500ml
- Coconut Oil
- Tomatoes – 01
- Garlic Cloves – 04
- Ginger – 01-inch piece
- Cashew – Optional
- When making this recipe first we need to roast semolina. It doesn’t need to roast until semolina change the color. Roasting until you get semolina smell is more than enough.
- Keep roasted semolina aside and heat oil in a pan. When oil is well heated add mustard seeds.
- Then add dhal, chopped ginger and garlic.
- After that add curry leaves and dried chilies.
- Now add onions, salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder, and green chilies.
- After around 1-2 mins add diced tomatoes.
- Then combine all vegetables with this mixture. Cover the pan and keep this few more minutes under medium heat until vegetables are boiled.
- Then add water into this. Increase the flame to high, cover the pan and keep until water is boiled.
- When water is well boiled gradually sprinkle roasted semolina all over the pan. We need to mix this very quickly and thoroughly. Also, don’t add all semolina at once. Then they won’t get properly mixed with vegetables.
- Now turn off the flame, cover the pan and let it be there around 02-03 mins. Within this time semolina absorbs all water and boils well. Now open the pan and mix this well.
- From these amounts we can cook semolina rice which is more than enough for 03 grown-ups.
- You can make this rice very easily and quickly at any time. This rice is so delicious so your kids will love it too. Another plus point. We can eat this semolina rice without any curries. So, you can just cook this and serve without anything.