Sri Lankan Sago Coconut Cookies (Sawboro)
Sawboro or Sago Biscuits are a unique Sri Lankan recipe. This recipe requires very few ingredients and take only less time to make. This cookie has a nice crispy and unique taste.
Ingredients: (For 20 Sawboro Cookies)
- Sago – 125g
- Scraped Fresh Coconut – 125g
- Sugar – 125g
- Breadcrumbs – 130g
- Fennel Seeds – 01 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Water – 02 tbsp
- Margarine – 02 tsp
- In a bowl combine sago, sugar, scraped coconut, breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, salt, and margarine together.
- Gradually add water and mix this until the mixture can hold together. If your mixture can already hold together don’t add water. Add water only if it is dry.
- Flatten the mixture in a flat surface. The thickness of the mixture should be around ½ cm.
- Take a ring mold and cut the mixture into circles. Slowly place the circles on a baking tray.
- Bake the cookies around 30-35 mins under 150C in a pre-heated oven until cookies become golden brown.
- After baking, let the cookies cool down and store them in an airtight container.