Potato Samosa / Aloo Samosa Recipe
Potato Samosa is a very tasty snack that we can make for teatime, breakfast, or dinner. This potato stuffed deep fried snack is very popular in India. Here is the way that you can easily make crispy and delicious potato samosas.
- To make samosa dough, add salt and oil to four and mix well. After mixing press down a handful of flour in your palm. That should form or hold the shape. If it doesn’t crumble that means oil is well incorporated with flour.
- Now gradually add water and make the dough. This dough should be firm and not sticky. Don’t knead the dough too much and make it soft.
- After making the dough cover it and keep it aside around ½ an hour.
- To make the filling first heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds into it. When cumin seeds begin to splutter add chopped ginger and garlic.
- Now add green chilies, curry leaves and onions.
- Let this sauté around 01 min and then add chili powder, curry powder, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cloves, and cardamom.
- Mix all these things together and cook around 2-3 mins. After that add mased potatoes.
- After 30 mins transfer the dough onto a flour dusted board and cut it into 04 equal parts. Out of these 4 parts we can make 08 samosas.
- Now get one ball and make it flat into oval shape by using a rolling pin. This needs to be a slightly thick one. So, don’t make it too thin. Cut this in the center to make 02 parts.
- In a separate small bowl, mix some flour with some water and make a thick batter. This batter can be used to stick samosas. Instead of this batter for this purpose you can use water too.
- Now get one half of samosa roti and apply prepared batter over the straight edge. Then join these edges to make a corn shape. Make sure to seal the edges very well. Stick the edge from the inside as well as from outside.
- After that fill the cone with the filling. Press the mixture a bit by using the spoon.
- Again, apply batter on the edge and stick the edges to seal very well. Press the edge by using your finger. This will help you to get a perfectly standing samosa.
- After making all samosas, we can deep fry them until golden brown.
- You can easily make this samosa anytime you want.