Creamy Potato Curry
Creamy Potato Curry is a unique Sri Lankan recipe that goes very well with many Sri Lankan foods like Rice, Bread, String Hoppers, Pittu & etc. This is a great recipe even for kids since this is not very spicy.
- Peel off the potatoes and wash.
- Cut potatoes into bit sized cubes.
- Add water to a pan to the level all potato cubes are covered and boil them well. Without cutting potatoes you can boil the whole potato and then peel off. But when potatoes are cut, it takes less time to boil. If you like at the time of boiling you can add some turmeric powder to make potatoes more colorful.
- After boiling drain water and keep them aside.
- Add onions, green chilies, curry leaves and pandan leaves to the cooking pot.
- Add cinnamon, mustard seeds, coconut milk, fenugreek, turmeric powder and curry powder. For a better taste make sure to get thick coconut milk.
- Mix 02-03 potato cubes with some coconut milk and add. This way we can make the gravy thicker. Or else, grind some raw rice and add. Raw rice also can make the gravy thicker.
- Add all potatoes to the cooking pot and give it a mix.
- Keep the pot on the stove and start cooking. When the curry starts bubbling from corners start stirring. It needs to stir this curry until we get this out of the stove. Otherwise, it will end up with curdling the whole curry.
- When the curry is well cooked get out from the stove and let it cool down.
- After a while add lime juice and mix.
- Enjoy with any food.