Easy Potato Chickpea Curry
Potato curry with chickpeas is more delicious than an ordinary potato curry. Just give it a try…
- Cubed Potatoes – 500g
- Vegetable Oil – 02 tbsp
- Diced Big Onion – 01
- Garlic Cloves – 04
- Curry Powder – 02 tsp
- Chili Powder – 01 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh Ginger – 01 tsp (Minced)
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Boiled Chickpeas – 150g
- Lemon Juice – 01 tsp
- Diced Tomatoes – 150g
- Coconut Milk – 300ml
- Salt – 02 tsp
- Green Chilies – 02
- Curry Leaves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions into this. Sauté around 02-03 mins.
- Add cinnamon sticks and garlic. Sauté another 02 mins.
- Add green chilies, rampe and curry leaves.
- Add curry powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, minced ginger, pepper powder and salt.
- Add diced potatoes and boiled chickpeas. Mix thoroughly.
- Add diced tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and cook.
- When coconut milk starts bubbling, reduce the heat to medium and cook around 15-20mins until potatoes become tender.
- This curry goes well with rice, string hoppers or with bread.