Village Style Baby Jackfruit Pickle
Out of all the pickles baby jackfruit pickle is a very simple recipe that most people crave for. The best thing is you can make it very easily and process is less complicated. The taste of the pickle enhances as it matures.
- First remove the rinds of baby jackfruits. Before starting the process apply some lime or lemon juice on your hands, knife, and the cutting board. Lime juice can prevent sticking latex everywhere. Cut baby jackfruit into fine pieces.
- Put all those baby jackfruit pieces into a pan. Add goraka, salt, turmeric powder and enough water and boil them. When boiling it needs to ensure that these baby jackfruits should be left tender only and not fully cooked. Later when we mix them with vinegar they come to the perfect level. After boiling drain excess water and let them cool down.
- Wash and dry out all water from chilies and kochchi and slit them from the middle. If you don’t want this pickle to be spicier add only green chilies.
- When baby jackfruit cools down cut them into thin slices.
- In a clay pot combine mustard paste, chopped ginger garlic, cinnamon, pepper powder, salt, chili powder and vinegar together.
- Keep this pot on the stove and heat the mixture. When the mixture is well heated add red onions. Before adding red onions clean, wash and drain water and dry them completely.
- After that add all green chilies and kochchi.
- Then add sliced carrots. Carrots also should be water free.
- After that add some sugar. Sugar enhances the flavour of this pickle a lot. If you don’t want to add sugar you can ignore this step.
- Finally add boiled baby jackfruits and mix thoroughly with the vinegar mixture. After combining all the ingredients together get the pot out of the stove.
- When the pickle cools down a bit it can be stored this in a clen dry glass bottle or in a clay pot by tightly covering it.
- The pickle becomes delicious after maturing around 2-3 days.