Polka Dot Swiss Roll
Swiss Rolls are always great for little and quick treats. Making it more colorful will make your occasion looks great.
- Egg Whites – 06
- Egg Yolks – 06
- Sugar – 90g
- Flour – 90g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Melted Margarine – 120g
- Vanilla – 02 tsp
- Food Coloring
- Icing Sugar – 150g
- Butter – 150g
- Beat sugar and egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat.
- Add salt and flour to the beaten eggs and fold.
- When the flour combined well with eggs add melted margarine and vanilla into this.
- Get 04 small bowls and put 02 tbsp of batter to each bowl. Mix different colors as the way you want.
- Put a parchment sheet on a tray and add colored batter dots here and there on the parchment sheet. Bake this around 05 mins under 180C in a pre-heated oven.
- Let these dots cool down and pour rest of the cake batter on top of baked dots and spread evenly. Again, bake this around 15-18 mins under the same temperature.
- Until the cake bakes, we can make the icing. For that mix butter and icing sugar together.
- After baking, let this cake sheet cools down and then remove the parchment sheet from the cake. Keep the dotted side down and spread butter icing evenly on the cake.
- Then roll it and keep in the fridge around 02 hours to set.
- When the swiss roll is well set cut it into pieces.