Delicious Boondi Recipe
Boondi is a very delicious Indian sweet. This is how we make it in Sri Lanka. You can store this sweet even more than a week and enjoy.
- All-pupose Flour – 150g
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Red Food Coloring
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 400g
- Water – ½ cup
- Lime – 02 tsp
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Mix it by gradually adding water. Don’t add too much water at once and add little by little until it comes to the right level.
- This mixture should be a little bit thick batter without any flour clots.
- Once this is ready add coloring and vanilla. You can choose any color for this, but red is very common for Boondi.
- Mix this very well and keep aside.
- For the sugar syrup add sugar and water and stir on low heat until sugar dissolves.
- When sugar is bubbling add few lime drops.
- Stir this little bit more and turn off the flame.
- Fill a piping bag with Boondi batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour the batter into oil.
- Fry Boondi few minutes and get them out. No need to fry this unti it becomes crispy, just fry around 1-2 mins.
- Stir Boondi in prepared sugar syrup. At this time sugar syrup should be hot. Then only it absorbs well to our Boondi.
- After stirring well with sugar syrup we can get them out and serve.