Okra / Lady's Fingers Sambol
Okra or Lady’s Fingers is a very famous vegetable in Sri Lanka. Some people love this very much but some hate it mainly due to its oozing substance. If you are concerned about this Okra sambol is the best thing for you.
Okra Sambol is a very quick and easy Sri Lankan recipe that you can add to your main meal. These crispy and delicious fried okra definitely add an amazing taste to your meal.
- Okra / Lady’s Fingers - 06
- Big Onion – 01
- Tomatoes – 01
- Green chilies – 01
- Pepper powder – 01 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 01 tsp
- Lime to taste
- Wash Okra well and cut them into thin slices.
- Put these cut Okra into a bowl and mix with turmeric and salt. Let is season around 02-03 mins.
- Heat oil and fry Okra until they become golden brown.
- Once they are fried well place them on a tissue until you prepare the onion sambol.
- Chop onion, tomato and green chili.
- Mix it with pepper, salt and lime.
- Since we have already added tomatoes and added salt when frying okra don’t put lots of lime and salt at once. Instead add little and then add as per the taste.
- Once you are done with preparing the onion sambol add fried okra and mix lightly.
- It is always better to add okra to this sambol when you are going to have it. Otherwise, okra will become bit wet.
- If you have extra fried okra, place them in an air tight container. You can use them in another day.