Milkmaid Milk Toffee Recipe
Milk Toffee, commonly called as Kiri Toffee in Sri Lanka is a very famous sweet among many people. Making milk toffee with milkmaid is super simple and easy. Try this simple recipe at home.
- Milkmaid - 01 tin
- Water – ½ tin
- Sugar – 500g
- Butter or margarine – 01 tbsp
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Cashew nuts (chopped) – 50g
- Put milkmaid into a pan.
- Mix remaining milk with water and put into the pan.
- Add Sugar.
- Mix Milkmaid, sugar and water well.
- Cook on a low fire, stirring continuously until mixture leaves the pan. (As milk and sugar tend to get clumpy & sticky when cooking, make sure to stir often.)
- Then, add vanilla and nuts.
- Spread this mixture in a greased pan and cut it into desired shapes before it gets harden.
- Keep it aside until milk toffee becomes harden and cool.
- Store in an air tight container .