Homemade Mango Jam Recipe
Follow this pretty simple process to make your own homemade Mango Jam. This simple recipe requires just 03 ingredients.
- Ripe Mango (Not over ripe)– 450g
- Sugar – 300g
- Lime Juice – 01 tsp
- Peel off the mangoes and remove the seeds. For this Jam we need to get tasty mango and not citric taste mangoes.
- Cut the flesh into cubes and blend them until it becomes a pulp. Don’t add water for blending.
- Add sugar to the mango pulp. If your mangoes are less tasty add more sugar than mentioned above.
- Keep this pan on stove and stir continuously under medium heat.
- After around 10 mins add lime juice.
- Stir continuously.
- Meanwhile we need to sterilize the jam bottles.
- For that boil water and put a kitchen towel to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep bottles and lids on the kitchen towel and boil them around 10mins. Wash bottles well with soap before putting in to hot water.
- After boiling, get the bottles out and keep them on a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- When jam has reached jel stage get it out of the stove. To check whether your jam has come to the correct level, put a small drop of jam to a dish and see. If it doesn’t run here and there like we put water our jam is ready.
- Pour jam to the prepared bottles, close them tightly and keep the bottles upside down for 05 mins.
- After 05 mins turn the bottles to the right side and cover bottles with a kitchen towel and keep them inside a cupboard for 24 hours.
- Next day you can enjoy our delicious mango jam.