Love Cake for Valentine
Love cake is a unique Sri Lankan recipe used for many occasions. This cake is a flourless cake and the main ingredient of this is semolina. Sri Lankan love cake is a super moist delicious cake that you must try….
- Butter – 130g
- Semolina – 200g
- Sugar – 280g
- Cashew – 150g
- Egg Yolks – 06
- Egg Whites – 05
- Bee Honey – 02 tbsp
- Zest of 01 Lemon
- Cardamom – 03
- Nutmeg – ½
- Rose Water – 02 tbsp
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Pumpkin Preserve – 150g
- Roast cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg a bit and then grind them until you get a powder.
- Then roast semolina. It doesn’t need to roast them a lot. Just roast them until you get semolina smell. After roasting let it cool down.
- Roast cashew a bit and blend. Don’t blend them too much. There should be small cashew pieces in it.
- After that mix semolina with butter. After mixing, keep it aside around ½ an hour. In this time semolina will absorb butter and become soft.
- Beat egg whites until it forms soft peaks.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until it becomes creamy and pale in color.
- When egg yolks are creamy add vanilla into this.
- Add honey, ground spices, lemon zest and rose water.
- Then into this add roasted semolina with butter.
- Add chopped cashew and pumpkin preserve.
- Finally add egg whites and fold. Don’t overmix. Just fold the mixture.
- Then, transfer this batter into a baking tray and bake the cake around 50mins to 01hour under 160C in a pre-heated oven. After around 35mins of baking cover the cake with an aluminum foil. Then the top part of the cake will not get hard.
- This love cake is super moist and delicious. Hope you will try this out in this Valentine’s Day.