Leftover Rice Aggala Recipe
Aggala is a very tasty Sri Lankan food. Aggala can be cooked in many ways. Making Aggala with left over rice is one way of doing it.
- Rice Flour - 250g
- Scraped coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coconut honey - 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix salt with coconut honey.
- Keep aside a small amount of rice flour for dusting and mix pepper with remaining flour.
- Put coconut into a pan and let it dry around 02 mins while stirring continuously. By doing this, it evaporates the water in coconut and help to keep Aggala 02-03 days more.
- Add coconut honey into the pan and mix with coconut.
- When pani pol is bubbling switch off the flame and start adding flour.
- Add flour little by little and mix well with pani pol.
- Once this is mixed well start making Aggala and use the flour that we kept aside for dusting.