Kiri Aluwa Recipe
Aluwa is a very easy Avurudu recipe that anyone can make without any troubles. There are different ways of making Aluwa. Kiri Aluwa is one of them.
- Sugar – 350g
- Thick Coconut Milk – 02 cups
- Roasted Rice Flour – 300g
- Roasted Rice Flour for Dusting – 100g
- Cashew / Peanuts – 50g
- Cardamom – 10-12
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Before start making Aluwa we need to prepare the board that we put Aluwa mixture. For that in a flat surface dust some roasted rice flour and keep it aside. We don’t have time to do this after making Aluwa.
- Dissolve sugar in coconut milk under medium heat.
- For this work it’s always better to get a big pan. When heating, coconut milk comes up very quickly. If your pan is a small one it will spill everywhere. Also, keep in mind to stir this continuously under medium heat.
- Then add ground cardamom and salt.
- When the syrup comes to the correct level turn off the flame and add chopped cashew. It doesn’t need to wait until syrup pours down like a thick line. If so, your Aluwa will get harden soon.
- Gradually add flour into this syrup and mix thoroughly. If you like you can reserve around ½ cup from the syrup before adding flour. In any case if you add too much flour, we can use this reserved syrup and mix again.
- When flour becomes a soft dough, spread this on the prepared tray. Don’t make it a hard dough by adding too much flour.
- Then level the dough by spreading rice flour on top. You can now cut this into desired shapes.