Kathurumuruga Flowers Curry / Hummingbird Tree Flowers Curry
Kathurumuruga flowers can be very easily found in the months of November & December. This tasty curry will definitely be a great addition to your lunch.
- Kathurumuruga flowers – 250g
- Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
- Red onions – 50g
- Curry powder – 01 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves – 02
- Chilies – 02
- Curry leaves
- Salt – 02 tsp
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2tsp
- Clean Kathurumurunga flowers well. For this first split the flower and get white color parts. Then remove the green color part which is there inside this stem. If it is not removed our curry will taste bitter.
- Further, there are so many little worms and worm eggs inside those flowers. Hence be very careful when cleaning them.
- Cut onions, garlic, curry leaves and chilies and put into your cooking pot.
- Add all other ingredients except coconut milk and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and mix lightly.
- Keep the pot on fire and cook until coconut milk is well cooked.
- Then, add kathurumuruga flowers and mix well.
- Cook around 5-7 mins more under medium heat.