Jam Swiss Roll
This delightful swiss roll made with a fluffy and soft sponge cake and a layer of strawberry jam is a perfect teatime treat.
- First combine baking powder with flour and keep it aside.
- Into a separate bowl, put egg whites and a pinch of salt. Beat egg whites until they form peaks. When beating egg whites, make sure there’s no water in the bowl or in the beater. If there’s water, it doesn’t come out nice peaks.
- When egg whites become little bit foamy add half of the sugar and beat more.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and rest of sugar. Beat this until egg yolks become thick and pale.
- Pour beaten egg yolks into prepared egg whites and fold gently.
- After that add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour into eggs and combine well. Once the batter is ready pour it to a 10x12 size baking tray and bake the cake around 12-15 mins under 170C in a pre-heated oven.
- When the cake is ready, lay a separate baking sheet and sprinkle icing sugar on it. Now flip the cake over this and slowly remove the baking sheet you baked with.
- Then it needs to roll the cake with the baking sheet while it is hot. Keep it aside until cake cools down.
- When the cake cools down slowly unroll the cake and spread jam all over the cake sheet. After spreading jam, again roll this cake and keep in the fridge around 01 hour until further set.