Cashew & Jaggery Milk Rice
Instead of cooking a normal milk rice some likes to cook a milk rice mixed with jaggery for Avurudu. This jaggery milk rice mixed with cashew will be a great addition for your avurudu table.
- Put rice into a pan and add water to the level all rice is covered. Cook this like we normally cook rice.
- Meanwhile, mix salt with coconut milk.
- When rice is cooked enough add coconut milk. After adding coconut milk stir continuously under low heat.
- Then add cashew, jaggery & plums. Mix thoroughly to combine all ingredients together.
- When rice absorbed all coconut milk and starts sticking together switch off the flame.
- Transfer milk rice into a tray, flatten it well, let it cool down a bit and then cut into pieces.