Jaggery Cake Recipe
This super moist and delicious jaggery cake is a perfect cake for any occasion.
- Semolina – 250g
- Margarine – 125g
- Sugar – 200g
- Kithul Jaggery – 250g
- Egg Whites – 03
- Egg Yolks – 03
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Rose Essence – A tiny drop
- Baking Powder – 01 tsp
- Coconut Milk – ½ cup
- Ground Cardamom & Cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Cashew – 100g
- Roast semolina slightly until you get the semolina smell.
- Grate jaggery and chop cashew. Dissolve grated jaggery with coconut milk.
- Beat egg whites until it comes to a soft peak.
- Beat margarine and sugar together until it becomes creamy and pale in colour.
- Add eggs one by one and beat more.
- Mix baking powder with semolina and put this into the margarine mixture.
- When semolina is well mixed with margarine add jaggery.
- Then add vanilla, chopped cashew, and rose essence. Don’t add too much rose essence. A tiny drop is more than enough.
- After that gradually add egg whites and fold. Meanwhile add ground cardamom and cinnamon.
- Bake the cake around 35-40 mins under 180 C in a pre-heated oven.
- After baking let it cool down and then cut into pieces.