Village Style authentic Jack Fruit Curry
Jack Fruit curry is a very famous delicious curry. This is the way to make an authentic village style jack fruit curry.
- Jack Fruit Pods – 600g
- Thick Coconut Milk – 2 ½ cups
- Thin Coconut Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Pepper Powder – 01 tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Garlic Cloves – 06
- Turmeric Powder – 01 tsp
- Curry Powder – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chilies – 03
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Big Onion – 01
- Mustard Seeds – 01 tsp
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Remove stringy parts attached to the pod and then cut them vertically. Make sure not to cut them too thin.
- Remove the skin of the jack fruit seeds and chop them into half.
- Wash pods and seeds well.
- Put few sliced jack fruit pods to the bottom of the pot and then put jack fruit seeds. Then again put rest of sliced pods. This is to make sure seeds are well boiled.
- Add sliced onions, green chilies, pepper powder, fenugreek, turmeric powder, salt, rampe, curry leaves, cinnamon and think coconut milk.
- Keep this on fire and leave the curry to cook slightly. Cover the pot and cook. Don’t stir the curry in this stage. If so seeds will come up and will not be boiled well.
- When jack fruit turns soft mix it gently.
- Grind mustard seeds and garlic together until it becomes a paste. Add this to the curry after mixing with some coconut milk.
- Then pour thick coconut milk into this.
- Cook this on medium heat until the curry gets thick and creamy.
- When curry becomes to the correct consistency we can get this out of fire. Before getting this out check whether the seeds are boiled enough.