Hot Butter Cuttlefish Recipe
Follow this simple recipe to make mouth watering Sri Lankan Hot Butter Cuttlefish. This is crunchy, chewy and flavorsome.
- Cuttlefish - 250g
- Corn flour - 50g
- All purpose flour - 50g
- Butter - 02 tbsp
- Salt - 02 tsp
- Chili paste - 02 tbsp
- Egg - 01
- Pepper - 01 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 01 tsp
- Chili powder - 01 tsp
- Spring Onion
- Capsicum - 01 (Sliced)
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut cuttlefish into rings or flowers.
- Mix cuttlefish with 01 tsp of turmeric powder, 01 tsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp of pepper powder and salt. Once this is mixed well, keep it aside and let it marinate around 15-20mins.
- Then, add egg whites and mix.
- Mix corn flour, all purpose flour, pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt together.
- Mix cuttlefish with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil and deep fry cuttlefish until light brown.
- When you fry cuttlefish make sure your flame is very low. Otherwise, the batter will be fried soon, but the cuttlefish will not.
- Melt butter in a pan and add chili paste into this. Here, instead of adding chili paste you can use chili pieces, sugar and salt.
- Add spring onions and capsicum. Keep this closed around 01-02 mins until spring onions are half cooked.
- Add cuttlefish into the pan and stir till all ingredients are well combined.
- Our delicious hot butter cuttlefish is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.