Sri Lankan Fish Patties
Tasty and crunchy fish patties is one of our most favorite savory snacks. This delicious snack goes well with a hot cup of evening tea.
Ingredients:For the filling
- Mashed Canned Fish – 01 small tin
- Boiled & mashed Potato – 01
- Big Onion – 01
- Chili Pieces – ½ tsp
- Pepper Powder – 01 tsp
- Green Chilies – 02
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 03
- Cloves – 02
- Few Cinnamon Sticks
- Curry Leaves
- Coconut Oil - (02 tbsp for filling & other for deep frying)
Ingredients:For the dough
- All-purpose Flour – 250g
- Margarine – 100g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cold Water – 6-7 tbsp
- Egg Yolk - 01
- For the dough, add flour and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add margarine and egg yolk to this. Mix this well by using your fingertips until it becomes like bread crumbs. This should not have any large lumps.
- After that gradually add water and knead the dough until it becomes a soft ball. Make sure to add water little by little otherwise the dough will get watery.
- Put the dough into a bowl, cover this and then put it into the fridge. This needs to be kept in the fridge for around 30mins.
- Meanwhile we can move onto the filling.
- For that heat oil in a pan and add onion, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Add chili pieces and mix well.
- Add ground cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into this and fry all around 02 mins.
- Turn off the flame and add mashed canned fish.
- When canned fish mixed with all add pepper. After mixing very well check whether salt is enough for your taste.
- Finally add mashed potato and stir thoroughly.
- Let this cool down a bit.
- Get the dough out of the fridge, cut it into half and put one half back to the fridge.
- Using a dough roller flatten out the dough in to a thin sheet. Cut circles by using a cookie cutter.
- Get one patties circle and place a small amount of the filling in the middle.
- Fold the dough gently and seal the edges carefully by using your fingertips.
- Get a folk and lightly press the edges of the patties. You can apply some flour on the fold if it is sticky.
- Continue making patties until your dough is over.
- When you are done with making patties, heat oil in a pan and fry all of your patties until both sides become light brown.
- Serve hot for a better taste.