Fish Cutlet Recipe
Crispy on outside. Spicy Inside. Fish cutlet is a very popular savory snack and meal accompaniment in Sri Lanka.
- Boiled potatoes – 300g
- Tin fish – 250g
- Eggs – 02
- Bread crumbs – 100g
- Green chilies – 02
- Onions – 100g
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Lime to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel off the boiled potatoes and mash them until it becomes a paste.
- Do same to tin fish.
- Chop green chilies, onions and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped chilies, onions and curry leaves a bit.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Add tin fish and mix well to combine.
- Add some lime to taste and mix.
- Finally add mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Let this cutlet mixture cool down around 05 mins.
- Make small cutlet balls from this mixture. From these ingredients we can make around 20-25 medium sized balls.
- First dip these balls in beaten egg and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Finally, heat oil and fry cutlet until they become golden brown.