Dry Sprats Tempered Recipe
Tempered dry sprat is a very tasty and easy to prepare dish loved by many Sri Lankans. This can be served with lots of foods like rice, bread, hoppers and etc. Taste is superb when it is mixed with tomato and add bit spicier.
- Sprats – 100g
- Sliced red onion – 50g
- Dried red chilli pieces - 2 TBS
- Coconut oil / Vegetable oil – 4 TBS
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Curry leaves – 05
- Chopped garlic – 1 TSP
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Tomato – 03
- Soya sauce – 1 TSP (Optional)
- Remove sprat heads and wash them well several times.
- Heat oil in a pan and put sprats in to that. Fry sprats well until they become brown and crisp.
- Remove sprats from the pan and keep aside.
- Add all other ingredients together except tomato and add them also in to the pan.
- Fry the mixture until onion become golden.
- Add tomato and sauté for minute.
- Finally add sprats and mix well. Add soya sauce and salt to taste.