Dried Sprats Tempered Recipe
Tempered dried sprats is a very tasty and easy to prepare dish loved by many Sri Lankans. This can be served with lots of foods like rice, bread, hoppers and etc. Taste is superb when it is mixed with tomato and add bit more spicy.
- Dried Sprats – 100g
- Sliced big onion – 01
- Small Kochchi - 01
- Chili pieces - 01 tsp
- Salt - 01 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Diced Tomato - 01
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Coconut oil
- Remove heads of the dried sprats and wash them well several times.
- Heat oil in a pan and put sprats in to that. Fry sprats well until they become brown and crisp.
- You can make this without even frying sprats. But, frying sprts will give you a better crispy taste and look.
- Once sprats are fried well, get it out and keep on a tissue or on a net.
- Add all other ingredients together except tomato.
- Add small amount of salt first since dried sprats are also salty. You can add more as per your taste later.
- Here, we took kochchi to make this dish more spicy. If you don't want this to be too spicy add some green chilies instead of kochchi.
- Again heat some oil in a pan and add above mixture.
- Fry the mixture until onion become golden.
- Add tomato and sauté for 01-02 minutes.
- Finally add sprats and mix well.