Village Style Dried Fish Recipe
Dried Fish is a very common dish in Sri Lanka. Some people cook dried fish almost every day for their lunch. This is how to make a delicious village style dried fish curry.
- Dried Fish – 200g
- Chili Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Tomato – 01
- Thick Coconut Milk – 2 ½ cups
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Curry Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Green Chilies – 02
- Goraka – 02
- Big Onion – 01
- Curry Leaves
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Wash dried fish around 02-03 times very well and put them to your cooking pot.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, and tomatoes.
- Then add curry leaves, rampe and goraka.
- After that add chili powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek, curry powder and coconut milk.
- Add little bit of salt. Some dried fish has certain amount of salt with them. So, add little bit here and then adjust later.
- Cook this curry well while stirring constantly.