Curd Rice Recipe
Curd Rice is a very tasty and very healthy food. This is a South Indian recipe and no South Indian meal is completed without this Curd Rice. Let’s try this quick and easy recipe.
- Cooked rice - 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh curd - 02 cups
- Oil - 01 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 01 tsp
- Curry leaves - 05 - 06
- Dhal - 01 tbsp
- Green chilies - 02
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilies-02 - For garnishing
- Combine rice with curd and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a broad pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add dhal.
- When dhal becomes golden brown add curry leaves and green chilies.
- Once tempering is done, add prepared curd rice mixture. Here, make sure when you add this mixture the flame needs to be very low. Otherwise, curd will be clotted.
- Mix the mixture and cook for 01-02 mins while stirring continuously.
- Add some salt as per your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or red chilies. Than, serve this hot or cold.