Mild Cucumber Curry
You may taste cucumber in salads and pickles. But, cucumber in curry may somewhat strange to you. This low spicy lovely cucumber curry will definitely add a great taste your meal.
- Cucumber - 500g
- Thick coconut milk - ½ cups
- Few red onions
- Green chillies - 02
- Curry leaves
- Garlic cloves - 02
- Turmeric powder - 01tsp
- Fenugreek – 01 tsp
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Salt – 01tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cut the stem side and clean that side well to remove excess bitterness. It comes out like a little cream. If you don’t remove it well our curry will taste bit bitter.
- Then peel the whole cucumber and cut it from the middle.
- Check whether the seeds are too hard. If so, remove them and if not, you can cut the cucumber into small pieces with those seeds.
- Put cucumber into a pot and then add red onions, green chilies, garlic and curry leaves.
- Then add all other ingredients and mix it well. Don’t add too much chili powder since we are going to make it a low spicy curry.
- Finally add coconut milk and mix. Since cucumber has littlebit water in it make sure not to add too much coconut milk.
- Cook this curry around 15-20mins while stirring frequently.