Chocolate Pound Cake
Here is the ultimate chocolate lover’s dream. This Chocolate Pound Cake enriched with chocolate ganache and cashew will definitely make your mouth watering.
- Butter – 125g
- Sugar – 150g
- Cocoa Powder – 20g
- Fresh Milk – 100ml
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – 20g
- Eggs – 02
- All-purpose Flour – 100g
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Baking Powder – 01 tsp
- Chopped Cashew
- Melt butter in a pan under medium heat.
- Add sugar & cocoa powder into this.
- When this mixture becomes bit thicker, add milk.
- Keep this around 01-02mins more on fire and then get out.
- Add some amount from this mixture to chocolate and melt chocolate in it.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Beat egg whites until it becomes fluffy.
- Add salt and baking powder into flour and mix well to combine.
- Mix egg yolks with the chocolate mixture.
- Gradually add flour.
- Add egg whites little by little and mix.
- Transfer the batter into a loaf pan and bake the cake around 30-35mins under 180°C in a pre-heated oven.
- Get the cake out of the oven and pour the chocolate ganache over it.
- Decorate the cake with some chopped cashew or almond.