Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake
It all starts with a perfect chocolate cake. A warm chocolate cake filled with sweetened condensed milk and covered with a caramel whipping cream is the best treat for this year Christmas.
Ingredients:Caramel Whipping Cream
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Keep it aside until use.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, melted butter and sugar together.
- When the mixture becomes thick add vanilla and fresh milk.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture with this.
- Then add hot water and beat well.
- Once the batter is ready, pour this into a baking tray (9”x13”) and bake the cake around 30 mins under 180C in a pre-heated oven.
- Soon after baking poke the cake by using a handle of a wooden spoon while the cake is still warm.
- Then fill these holes with condensed milk. After filling all holes keep the cake in the fridge around 01 hour to set.
- Meanwhile we can make the caramel sauce. For that put some sugar into a pan and heat until it becomes dark brown.
- Then add hot water and rest of the sugar.
- When the sugar syrup becomes string consistency add whipping cream and heat around 01 min until smooth.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir this until smooth and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- After that add around 85g of prepared caramel sauce to whipped cream and mix.
- Once this is ready, we can spread whipped cream evenly on top of the cake.
- Then drizzle remaining caramel sauce all over the cake. By this time if your caramel sauce has become thick, melt it again a bit before using. Make a nice swirl pattern by using a toothpick.
- Decorate the cake more by sprinkling some chopped cashew or peanuts.
- Again, keep the cake in the fridge around 01 more hour to set further.