- Plain Flour - 150g
- Sugar - 250g
- Butter - 200g
- Eggs - 03 nos
- Vanilla - 02 Tsp
- Dark Chocolate - 250g
- Cocoa Powder - 150g
- Baking Powder - 01 Tsp
- Cashew - 50g (Optional)
- Icing sugar for dusting - 01 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Cut butter into small pieces and heat in a microwave until butter is melted down completely.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
- Add sugar to butter and mix well.
- Beat eggs thoroughly and then, add beaten eggs to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add flour to the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Chop dark chocolate into small pieces and add it to the same mixture.
- Add cashew nuts and stir to combine.
- Grease your baking pan with butter or margarine and cover it with little flour.
- Bake this around 40mins, at 180°c in the pre-heated oven.
- Remove the chocolate brownie from the oven and leave it to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.
- You can cover this and keep at room temperature for several days.