Chili Paste Recipe
This homemade chili paste is a spicy side condiment that goes very well with almost all the foods. If you want to make your food extra spicy this is the best way.
- Chili Flakes – 130g
- Dried Shrimps – 60g
- Coconut Oil – 150ml
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Big Onion – 01
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Garlic Cloves – 12
- Ginger – 2” piece
How to Cook:
- Heat oil in a pan and dry sliced onion in it.
- Then fry garlic and ginger.
- After that fry curry leaves a bit.
- Finally add dried shrimps into oil and continue to fry until golden brown. Before frying, wash and dry these shrimps.
- Now add all fried ingredients into a blender cup and blend them until reasonably well mixed.
- Then mix sugar, salt, and soya sauce together and keep it aside.
- Again, heat oil in a pan and add chili flakes into it. As you mix you can see that all oil is absorbed by chili flakes.
- Then add dried shrimps paste.
- Add soya sauce mixture.
- Combine all together and adjust salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Finally add tomato sauce.
- After that transfer your chili paste into a sterilized glass bottle. Cover the lid tightly and let it rest for a day before using for better results.
- After making chili paste don’t keep it in the hot pan for a long time. If so, the oil will get absorbed by the hot pan. Oil in chili paste works to preserve it for a longer period.
- You can keep this around 2-3 months and eat. Always use a dry spoon to get chili paste from the bottle.