Village Style Sri Lankan Creamy Cashew Curry
Cashew is an amazing food. Whatever the way, cashew has an irresistible taste. This creamy village style Sri Lankan cashew curry is a very delicious curry that goes very well with rice, bread, string hoppers and even with pittu.
- Cashew – 500g
- Curry Powder – 02 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Fenugreek – ¼ tsp
- Garlic Cloves– 08-09
- Big Onions – 01
- Turmeric Powder – 01 tsp
- Cinnamon – 01-inch piece
- Green Chilies – 06
- Thick Coconut Milk – 02 cups
- Salt – 02 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 01 tsp
- Margarine – ½ tsp
- Cut raw cashews and get the kernel out. Put water to those cashew nuts and keep it aside around 04-05 hours. By this way it is easy to remove the seed coats of these cashews. After 04-05 hours remove the seed coats.
- Again, wash these cashew nuts and put them to a cooking pot. Add curry powder, fenugreek, turmeric powder, and salt into this. Add cinnamon, rampe, curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Add water to the level until all cashew nuts are covered and then mix them all together. Cook this until cashew nuts become tender.
- When all cashew nuts are boiled enough add chopped garlic and ground mustard seeds with margarine.
- Add coconut milk and green chilies. For this cashew curry we don’t add chili powder. Instead we add few green chilies.
- Cook the curry more while stirring time to time until coconut milk cooks well.
- Enjoy the curry with anything you like.