Caramel Pudding / Flan Recipe
Caramel pudding is a very delicious pudding that everyone loves to eat. Follow these simple steps to make a perfect caramel pudding.
- Condensed milk – 390g
- Eggs – 03
- Water – ½ cup
- Sugar – 80g
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- To make the caramel, get a flat and thick pan and put sugar all over the pan.
- Add water only to the level that covers sugar you put.
- Stir sugar under low flame until sugar dissolves.
- Sugar will dissolve with water after around 02-03 mins. At this point stop stirring.
- Then, constantly rotate the pan until sugar becomes dark brown and sticky.
- Keep the pan on fire around 01 min and then rotate. Do this until sugar becomes to the right level.
- After around 08-10 mins the color of the sugar syrup will start changing.
- After around 12-14 mins the caramel will come to the perfect level with perfect color.
- Now switch off the flame immediately. If caramel heats more than this level it will get a bitter taste.
- Pour the caramel into the pudding mould and rotate the pudding mould and let it cool down. By doing so, the caramel goes all over the mould and the pudding can be very easily removed from the mould.
- Next step is to make the custard. For that, add eggs to a bowl and beat them.
- Add condensed milk and mix.
- After eggs and milk mixed well add vanilla.
- Once the custard is ready pour it to the pudding mould. Make sure to pass this through a juice or milk filter. Then it can remove the small egg parts that are not mixed with milk.
- Cover the pudding mould with an aluminum foil. Make sure to seal the edges well.
- This pudding can be baked in an over or in a steamer.
- If you use a steamer, when the water is heated well, put the pudding in the steamer and steam this under low flame around 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, insert a toothpick into the pudding to see whether your pudding is steamed enough. If the toothpick is clear the pudding is steamed well. But, if the toothpick is sticky and there are pudding parts in that you need to steam the pudding few more minutes.
- Let the pudding cools down completely and then keep in the fridge around 04-05 hours.
- After that take it out from the fridge and run a small knife around the mould.
- Then, put the mould on a plate and get it out.
- You can keep this in the fridge few days and enjoy.