Breadfruit with Fish Recipe
This is bread fruit season in Sri Lanka. Although bread fruit curry is very popular in the country, cooking this curry by adding fish is little bit uncommon.
Let's see how the taste goes...
- Breadfruit – 700g
- Thlapath Fish – 500g
- Sliced Onions – 60g
- Green Chilies – 02
- Pandan Leaves – 1” piece
- Cinnamon – 1” piece
- Curry Leaves
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Chopped Garlic Cloves – 6-7
- Turmeric Powder – 01 tsp
- Coconut Milk (1st Extract) – 01 cup
- Coconut Milk (2nd Extract) – 01 ½ cups
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Lime juice – 01 tsp
- Mustard Paste – 01 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Curry Powder - 01 tsp
- Put cubed and well cleaned fish into a bowl. Add lime, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder into fish. Give it a good mix and let it marinate around 30mins. After that it needs to deep fry these fish until golden brown.
- Put cubed breadfruit into a pan. Add sliced onions, green chilies, pandan leaves, curry leaves and cinnamon.
- To the same pan add salt, pepper powder, curry powder, fenugreek, chopped garlic and mustard paste.
- After that add second extract of coconut milk. Combine all ingredients together and cook curry until breadfruit become tender.
- When breadfruit become tender add fried fish and thick coconut milk. Cook few more minutes until coconut milk cooks well and then get the curry out of the stove.
- This recipe is a perfect delicious solution when you are boring to cook 2-3 curries.