Banana Caramel Pudding Recipe
Banana Pudding with lots of caramel on top is a great dessert for any occasion. This delightful dessert is very easy to make with very few easy to find ingredients.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 390g
- Eggs – 04
- Bananas – 04
- Water – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 80g
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Fresh Milk – 250ml
- To make the caramel, get a thick flat pan and put sugar all over the pan. Then add water only to the level that sugar covers. Don’t add too much water.
- Stir this under low heat until sugar dissolves. Within around 02-03 mins all sugar dissolves. At this point stop stirring. Then instead of stirring rotate the pan to mix the syrup.
- Keep the pan on the stove around 01 min and then again rotate it. It needs to repeat this until sugar comes to the correct consistency.
- After around 08-10 mins the color of the sugar syrup will start changing. It takes around 12-14 mins for it to come to the right consistency.
- When the caramel is ready turn off the stove. If caramel heats more than this level it will get a bitter taste. Quickly pour the caramel into the pudding mold and rotate it allowing caramel to go all over the pan. Then let the mold cool down. By doing so, it is very easy to remove the pudding from the mold.
- After that, blender bananas, condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, and fresh milk together. Pass this mixture through a juice or milk filter. By doing so, if there are any banana pieces that are not mixed properly can be removed. Then pour this mixture into the prepared pudding mold.
- Before steaming it needs to cover the mold with an aluminum foil. Make sure to seal the edges very well.
- Keep a rack on a pan and fill water until half of the rack is covered. Then keep the pudding mold on the rack, cover the pan and steam the pudding around 40-45 mins under medium heat.
- After steaming, insert a toothpick into the pudding. If the toothpick comes out clean the pudding is steamed enough. If there are pudding pieces on the toothpick it needs to steam the pudding few more minutes.
- After that, let the pudding cool down completely and then keep the pudding in the fridge around 4-5 hours until set.
- When the pudding is well set, it can be removed from the mold.