Banana Blossom Curry with Jack Fruit Seeds
Banana Blossoms are very tasty if we cook it in a correct way. This is the way to make a delicious village style banana blossom curry.
- Banana Blossom – 500g
- Big Onion – ½
- Chili Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Curry Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Tamarind – 02
- Green Chilies – 02
- Garlic Cloves – 03
- Coconut Milk – 01 cup
- Curry Leaves
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Few Cinnamon Sticks
- Jack Fruit Seeds
- Coconut Oil – 02 tbsp
- First remove the dark red color hard outer layers of the banana blossom.
- Before start cutting, have a bowl ready with salt water and few lime drops.
- Chop the banana blossom in to very thin pieces. As soon as you cut put them into prepared salt water. If we keep them outside it will soon emerge stains.
- After cutting quickly clean the cutting board with lime. Later it’ll be difficult to remove those stains.
- Strain salt water, squeeze and again wash banana blossom with clean water.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, fenugreek and curry powder.
- Add tamarind, green chilies, garlic, curry leaves, rampe, cinnamon and chopped onion.
- Cut clean jack fruit seeds into fine pieces and add.
- Combine all very well by using your hand.
- Then heat oil in a pot and put banana blossom in to this.
- Close and cook around 03-04 mins.
- Then add coconut milk and stir well.
- Now cook this curry well while stirring.
- When jack fruit seeds are boiled enough we can get this curry out of fire.