Heal Your Cracked Heels…
A cracked heel, also known as heel fissures is a very common problem for many people mostly caused by lack of moisture. This can occur at any age. For some people this doesn’t give any pain and it is just a cosmetic issue. But, for some people this is a big health issue due to extreme pain. Whether it is a cosmetic issue or a health issue we need to pay attention on this very carefully. Cracked heels are unattractive and it can lead to infections. And also, this is a sign of lack of attention towards your body.
In addition to dry and thickened skin, this can accompany some other problems like peeling skin, itching, inflammation, and redness. Cracked heels can be cured if you take necessary actions in the right time.
There are many causes for cracked heels.
- Dry air
- Lack of moisture
- Improper foot care
- Being overweight
- Cold weather
- Unhealthy diet
- Using harsh soaps
- Standing long hours on hard floors
- Continuous exposure to water
- Wearing wrong type of shoes
- Lack of foot care routine
- Some medical conditions like eczema, diabetes, thyroid, and psoriasis
There are few things you can do to comfort cracked heels and improve the overall health of your skin.
- Avoid long hot or cold showers and using harsh or drying soaps. Clean your feet well during the shower with lukewarm water. Dry your feet well after shower.
- Wear footwear all the time. This helps to avoid getting your cracked heels infected. Your footwear also contributes to the problem. So, always choose right footwear.
- Moisture feet well. Feet are normally drier than any other parts in your body. So, always work to make them soft and supple.
- Apply moisturizing cream on your feet
- Drink daily recommended quantity of water
Home treatments for cracked heels
- Soak your feet in soapy water and scrub your feet gently with a pumice stone.
- Wash feet again and dry them well
- Apply vegetable oil on your feet
- Put on a pair of clean socks and leave them overnight
- Repeat this for few days until your cracked are healed
- Mix a handful of ground rice with a few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir it well until it becomes a thick paste
- If you have extreme cracked heels add a table spoon of olive oil to this paste.
- Soak your feet in warm water in 10 mins and then scrub your feet with the rice flour paste.
- Repeat this for few days until you see the results.
- Add lemon juice to lukewarm water and soap your feet for 10-15 mins.
- Scrub your cracked heels gently with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet again and pat dry with a towel.
- Mix liquid soap with lukewarm water
- Soak your feet in this for about 20 mins
- Use a pumice stone and scrub gently to remove dead skin cells.
- Wash feet well with clean water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizing cream and put on clean socks.
- Leave them overnight while you sleep.
- Follow this daily until the cracked heels are cured completely.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water in few minutes
- Pat dry feet with a soft towel and apply aloe vera gel thoroughly in the affected area.
- Wear clean socks and leave them overnight.
- Repeat this for few days
- Clean your feet.
- Apply some olive oil with the help of a cotton bud. Massage feet gently in a circular motion for 10-15 mins.
- Wear a pair of socks and leave them overnight.
- Mix banana and avocado well.
- Add coconut flesh to the same mixture.
- Mix this well to get a paste.
- Apply this fruit mask on your heels.
- Leave for 15mins and wash with clean water.
- Repeat this every day until your cracked heels are heals.
Keep in mind that, do not treat cracked heels on your own if they are caused by a medical condition. It will require a special treatment from a podiatrist.
Give your attention to each and every part of your body. This will definitely help you to maintain a healthy body.