Reduce the impact of air conditioners to your eyes
With the increasing temperature in these days we all tend to spend more time with the air conditioner. Although an A/C can give you a quick relief to your sweat, are you aware about the negative impact it can cause to your health? Air conditioners create artificial temperature which cause negative impacts to your body. A/Cs affect to your overall body, but your eye being the most sensitive part affects a lot.
Although we turn on the A/C to be comfortable your overall productivity goes down if you get dry eyes which can ultimately cause headaches. There are few things that you can do for this.
- Avoid sitting too close to the air conditioner
- Since air conditioners reduce humidity in air keep few water containers in the corners of your room. Then this water will evaporate and increase the humidity in the room.
- Proper maintenance of your A/C is another important thing to stay healthy. Prolonged usage of A/C can create molds and bacteria in the ducts which results infections.
- Maintain your body hydration by consuming lots of water
- Set your A/C above the room temperature
If you have excessively dry eyes you better consult a doctor and check the condition of your eyes. Most probably they will recommend an eye cooling lubricant drop. But based on the dryness they will recommend some other treatments too.