Soft & Moist Semolina / Rava Cake Recipe…
Semolina cake, also called as Rava/Suji Cake is a very easy cake that anyone can make at home. This soft, moist and spongy cake is an absolute treat.
- All-purpose Flour – 80g
- Eggs – 04
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 100g
- Semolina / Rava – 300g
- Baking Powder – 02 tsps
- Oil – 100ml (Any Oil)
- Milk – 60ml
- Sugar – 125g
- Water – 350ml
- Lemon Juice – Few drops
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla together. Beat this around 07-08 mins until all are well combined.
- Mix semolina with baking powder and flour.
- Add this semolina mixture to the beaten eggs.
- Add oil and milk.
- Transfer the cake batter into a baking pan and bake the cake around 30-40mins under 180°C in a pre-heated oven.
- For the sugar syrup, heat sugar and water until sugar dissolves.
- Add few lemon drips in to this. This helps sugar syrup not to get crystalized soon.
- When the cake is baked, pour the sugar syrup all over the cake. Let the cake absorb all sugar syrup.
- When all the sugar syrup is absorbed by the cake remove it from the baking tray and cut into pieces.