Colorful Ribbon Cake Recipe
This amazing vanilla butter cake combined with pink and green colors is a perfect tea time cake. Mainly this ribbon cake is used for birthday cakes. This is not difficult if you are familiar with making butter cakes.
- All-purpose Flour – 250g
- Caster Sugar – 250g
- Margarine / Butter – 250g
- Eggs – 04
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Baking Powder – 02 tsp
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Food Coloring – Green & Pink
- Beat margarine and sugar together. You can do this with any kind of white sugar. But caster sugar is very quick and easy to combine with margarine.
- When the batter gets creamy add eggs one by and beat.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix baking powder with flour, sieve and add to the creamy batter.
- After adding flour, stop beating and start stirring until flour combined with the batter. If you beat the batter too much with flour cake will be tough. So, if you use an electric beater don’t over beat, just beat until flour combines.
- Then add milk.
- Next step is to add colors. For that separate batter into two and put into two separate bowls.
- Add green coloring into one batter and pink coloring to the other.
- Pour the green batter to the bottom of the baking tray and on top of green batter pour pink coloring carefully and slowly.
- Even out the pink batter without pressing it too hard.
- Tap few times to release the bubbles and then bake the cake around 35-40mins under 180° C in a pre-heated oven.
- After baking let it cool down and decorate. This is one way of baking a ribbon cake. Other way is you can use two separate baking trays to bake two layers and then sandwich.