Polos Curry (Baby Jack Fruit Curry)
Polos curry or baby jack fruit curry is a well-known traditional dish loved by almost all Sri Lankans. This polos curry tastes great when it is spicy. So, traditional Sri Lankan spices are used to make the dish dark and spicy. Jack fruit can be cooked in many ways. But, finely prepared polos curry is in the top of the tasty list. Try this amazing recipe at your homes.
- Tender jack fruit – 01
- Thick Coconut milk – 150ml
- Chili powder – 1 ½ TBS
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Pepper – 1 TSP
- Roasted Curry Powder – 1 TBS
- Ginger – 1 TSP
- Mustard seeds – 1 TSP
- Garlic – 1 TSP
- Red Onion – 05 sliced
- Curry leaves – 04 springs
- Green chilli – 02 sliced
- Pandan leaf – 2
- Salt to taste
- Goraka – 01
- Clean, peel and cut baby jack fruit into rectangle shaped pieces.
- Then add enough water with little salt and boil jack fruit well.
- Soak Goraka in warm water for 20 mins and make a thick paste.
- Grind ginger, garlic & pepper into fine paste.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds. After little time add sliced onion into it and sauté.
- Then add curry leaves, pendan leaf and sliced green chilies into it and add ginger, garlic and pepper paste to the same and sauté 1 min.
- Add turmeric, chili & roasted curry powder.
- Add boiled jack fruit (with water) and mix with the spices along with goraka paste. Adjust the salt & cook for 5 mins.
- Add thick coconut milk, stir well and cook on a low flame for 20mins.
- Ideal to cook this in a clay pot to get more taste and if stored in a correct manner this can be kept around 3 days.