Mango Curry Recipe
Mango is a very famous fruit in Sri Lanka that can be very easily found. Mango can be cooked in many ways. This recipe is one of them.
- Half ripe mango – 02 (500g)
- Curry powder – 02 tsp
- Roasted chili powder – 01 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut oil – 02 tbsp
- Sugar – 02 tbsp
- Vinegar – 01 tsp
- Big Onion – 01 (Sliced)
- Green Chili – 01
- Lemon grass
- Pandanus Leaves ( Rampe )
- Curry Leaves
- Fenugreek (10-12)
- Cut mangoes with the seed.
- After cutting wash them well.
- Add curry powder, chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and little bit of water and mix well to combine.
- Chop cloves and cardamom.
- Chop ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in your cooking pot and add garlic ginger paste and chopped cloves and cardamom.
- Add curry leaves and pandanus leaves.
- Add cinnamon, fenugreek, chili and lemon grass.
- Mix well and then add onion.
- Keep this around 01 min and then add mango.
- Close the pan and cook this on low fire around 15-20mins while stirring time to time.
- When mangoes become tender add sugar.
- Add vinegar.
- Mix well and keep around 02-03mins more on fire.
- Our delicious mango curry is now ready.