Kathurumurunga Curry with Egg
Kathurumurunga leaves is one of healthy greens found in Sri Lanka. Kathurumurunga can be cooked in many ways. Whatever the way it cooked, this has an awesome taste and many ayurvedic values. According to Sri Lankan native treatment, the leaves are used as a cure for fever, sinus, and respiratory problems. It acts as a coolant and a worm-killer also.
Let’s cook Kathurumurunga curry in a bit different way.
- Kathurumurunga leaves
- Coconut milk - 01 cup
- Eggs - 02
- Green Chili - 01
- Red Onions - 07-08 nos
- Curry Leaves
- Salt - 01 tbsp
- Curry Powder - 01 tbsp
- Chili Powder - 01 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 01 tsp
- Fenugreek - 01 tsp
- Clean and wash Kathurumurunga leaves well. Most of the times there are butterfly caterpillars or their eggs in these leaves. So, check both sides of the leaves and clean well.
- Chop onions, green chili and curry leaves.
- Beat eggs well.
- Put Kathurumurunga leaves into the cooking pot. Add onions, chili and curry leaves as well.
- Then, add coconut milk.
- Add curry powder, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and fenugreek and mix well.
- Keep this on fire and cook around 05mins by stirring time to time.
- Add eggs when coconut milk is cooked well.
- Mix again and cook more around 2-3 mins.