Double Chocolate Scones
Make a mouthwatering chocolate treat for your teatime. You can never say no to this moist, cake-y and chocolate-y dessert.
- All-purpose Flour – 220g
- Cocoa Powder – 60g
- Sugar – 100g
- Baking Powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Instant Coffee – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Butter (Cold & Cut into cubes) – 80g
- Fresh Milk – 150ml
- Chocolate Chips – 120g
- Beaten Egg – 01
- Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and instant coffee.
- Add butter cubes and mix well with the mixture.
- After that combine egg with milk. Reserve half from this egg to use later.
- Add milk over the flour mixture and combine well. After milk mixed well with flour add chocolate chips.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough onto it. Flat the dough into a round shape and cut 8 triangles with this dough.
- Transfer these scones into a baking tray, top with some chocolate chips and egg wash these scones with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake this around 18-20 mins under 200C in a pre-heated oven.
- Let them cool down these scones slightly. These scones are best served warm.