This easy and moist delicious date cake is sure to impress your loved ones. Select high quality dates to enhance the taste.
- Dates – 500g (with seeds)
- Luke warm water – 01 cup
- Bicarbonate soda – 01 tsp
- Eggs – 04
- Flour – 225g
- Margarine – 225g
- Sugar – 225g
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Cashew – 50g
- Remove the seeds of the dates.
- Mix bicarbonate soda with water and soak dates in it.
- Mix thoroughly and keep this around 03-04 hours until dates absorb all water. You can do this step in the previous day night.
- For the batter, beat sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Mix dates with the batter.
- Add some chopped cashew to enhance the flavor. This step is optional.
- Bake the cake around 35-40 mins under 180°C.